So recently I travelled to America and I’m wishing to be back there already! The main reason why I went was to support my little cousin in her acrobatics competition for internationals. Her acrobatic team was to be competing against other teams from around the world in Vegas.
This was my first trip to America and I was excited to do everything over here from sightseeing, tours, eating food and shopping. We stayed longer then we should’ve but covered almost everything we had wanted within our stay.
One thing that stood out to me in Vegas was that all the hotels/casinos along the strip were different from a normal hotel that you would stay at. The reason why they were so different was because each hotel had a theme to it and are all super unique. If you ever visit Las Vegas make sure that you do a tour around the hotels/casinos to see what the hype is about.
I will provide information about Las Vegas along with photos below of my trip!
Las Vegas is a city in Nevada located in the United States of America. It is a 17 hour and 10 minute plane ride from Melbourne, flying with United Airlines with a stopover in Los Angeles. Otherwise if you’re flying with other airlines it generally takes longer.
The common language that people speak in the U.S. is English.
The currency in America is the USD U.S. Dollar.
What to know
- The legal age in America is 21
- Make sure you tip your waitress when eating out at a restaurant, tipping should be anywhere between 15-20% (due to America’s low paying wages many waitresses rely on tips).
- If you’re underage you can still walk through the casinos, although you will not be permitted to gamble.
- Uber & Lyft are generally the best way to get around in Vegas since it’s everyone’s go to ride instead of taxi’s.
- You can also use a monorail to get from one hotel to another, it is quiet easy to use this as a form of transport along the strip. You can purchase a monorail pass from your hotel/station.
Best season to travel
Spring: March, April & May
Summer: June, July & August
It depends on how you spend your days although money does add up quite quickly whilst you’re over there. On average I would say $100+ AUD is enough to spend for the day.
Sights and attractions
- All the hotels/casinos along the strip
- Bellagio Fountains
- Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- M&M World
- Hersheys World
- Seven Magic Mountains
- Downtown Las Vegas & more
All photos posted on my blog are taken and belong to me.